Duct cleaning has to be performed on a regular basis to keep the HVAC system efficient and keep power consumption and ultimately the electricity bill in control. However, kitchen duct cleaning is a necessity. It has to be done more frequently.
Kitchen duct hoards extraction of grease and oil in the duct system over time. This extraction is hazardous for multiple reasons such as:
- As mentioned earlier, this extraction contains oil and grease which tend to catch fire. This can be really hazardous and can even take life.
- Another bad effect of this extraction is it can result in food contamination because of the hood dropping off in the food getting prepared.
- The duct can get chocked which will flow poor quality air and add odor in the air.
- Irregular cleaning can also result in increased energy consumption and increased electricity bills.
Fire Protection Association Australia (NPAA) suggests that kitchen duct cleaning needs to be taken care of without a miss.
What will be Cleaned?
The process of cleaning the duct of the kitchen is different than regular duct cleaning. It is also known as kitchen exhaust duct cleaning. This cleaning process is focused on cleaning accumulated grease and oil. The cleaning engineer will clean the following items:
- Ducted system
- Exhausted fans
Methods followed by the Kitchen Duct Cleaning Experts:
There are different duct cleaning methods that can be used to remove excess oil, grease, and similar particles that can be hazardous:
- Wet cleaning
- High-pressure steam nozzle based cleaning
- Cleaning with rotating brushes
In the kitchen duct cleaning, the professionals always use the solutions and agents that are nonflammable, food-grade and green to make sure the process is safe and sound.
What Care Needs to be Taken During Cleaning?
- As mentioned earlier, it is not a regular duct cleaning process that can be performed by anyone with a vacuum cleaner and DIY hacks. It needs experience and expertise in cleaning duct and related stuff to make it safe. Thus, the first thing you need to do is to make sure you call professionals to do this cleaning process.
- When the cleaning process gets started, remove all inflammable items from the kitchen such as a matchbox. Also, turns off the gas flow.
- Cover all kitchen hoods and accessories
These are the top 3 care instructions you need to keep in mind.
How Professionals Can help in Kitchen Duct Cleaning?
The professionals know how to clean a kitchen duct system. They will perform a step-wise cleaning process as mentioned below:
- Inspect the duct to decide the cleaning process and tools
- Take pre-cleaning steps to keep everything well maintained
- Perform kitchen duct cleaning process
- Take post-cleaning steps