Is Air duct cleaning in Winter is the perfect time for cleaning?
The time before the winter months is the best for it. However, if you have forgotten to get air duct cleaning done before winter, it is never too late to get them cleaned.
Neglecting air duct cleaning can prove expensive, especially, in the winter months.
Here are some reasons you should go for professional air duct cleaning in winter.
Healthy Indoor Air Quality with Air Duct Cleaning in Winter
- If there is dust build-up happening at your home during winter, it may be a sign that the heating ducts are not functioning properly.
- In order to maintain air quality indoors, duct cleaning is vital.
- If the HVAC system is not maintained and serviced regularly, the lint build-up in the system begins to circulate in the air.
- To avoid dust and dirt from spreading, and to keep your home clean, air duct cleaning is essential.
Reduces The Energy Costs
- Accumulation of too much dust, dirt and debris in the HVAC system components results in reduced airflow and negatively impacts its heating efficiency.
- Uncleaned air ducts also clog up due to the accumulation of dirt and debris causing more strain on the system.
- Thus, the HVAC system has to work harder to circulate air and consumes more energy in heating the room during winter.
- If the HVAC system is not functioning efficiently, it will result in excess power consumption.
- Going for professional air duct cleaning services will mean some investment upfront. However, the energy savings and lower monthly electricity bills definitely make it the right choice.
Increased Heating Efficiency
- In winter, air duct cleaning can increase the amount of heat in your home, making you feel warm, cosy and comfortable.
- If the air ducts are blocked, the HVAC system will require more time and energy to heat your home in winter.
- Hence, to increase the heating efficiency of the system, cleaning the air ducts just before or during winter is essential.
Safety From Fire Outbreaks
- Most homeowners are unable to see the lint accumulation inside the ducts of the HVAC system.
- Lint fibres are highly flammable and pose a risk for a fire disaster.
- In order to avoid any fire outbreaks, air duct cleaning at least once or twice a year is recommended and before winter or during winter can be the best time for it.
Increase the Lifespan of the HVAC System
- Duct cleaning services from experts help remove blockages in the air ducts.
- This means that you don’t have to turn up the heat for your home to heat quickly.
- Air duct cleaning will help increase the longevity of the HVAC system and the furnace.
- An increase in the lifespan of the HVAC system will save both time and money.
Keeps Health Problems Away
- Winter is associated with a lot of health problems like winter allergies due to dander, pet hair, mould, and dust mites.
- Exposure to such allergens increases even more during winter since most time is spent inside the house.
- It is a great way to keep the allergens and health problems associated with them away.
Read Next Blog: